And it’s worth it because how much effort the client puts into solving the problem with your company directly translates into the level of satisfaction and, consequently, the decision to stay with you or move to the competition.
A simple way to measure customer effort is the Customer Effort Score pop-up survey. The widget is placed directly on the website, which enables visitors to complete it quickly and means that you can count on a high response rate. Here are some examples of Customer Effort Score survey questions:
- How much effort did it cost you to solve the problem in the customer service department?
- Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 how much effort you put into contacting customer service.
- Sorry to hear that! Please tell me what went wrong. (if answered: a lot of effort)
Use our Customer Effort Score survey template
Our experts have prepared a Customer Effort Score survey template you can use directly on your website. The survey will be perfect for measuring the customer’s effort at various points of contact with the company, including:
- after connection with customer service,
- after resolving the case, transferred to Customer Service,
- after completing purchases (in e-commerce) or the ordering process,
- after completing the payment process.